From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: openrc-0.28 mounts efivars read only
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 06:30:55
1 On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:42:50 -0700 Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > What needs to be changed for the bootloaders? I may be able to assist.
4 >
5 > The documentation should be updated to say that with OpenRC 0.28 that
6 > you'll have to remount efivars as RW before you can install the
7 > bootloader (e.g., grub-install)
8 >
9 > The command I use locally to remount rw (since I have configured
10 > efivars to be mounted read-only in fstab) is
11 >
12 > mount -o remount,rw /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
13
14 We don't have that much efi bootloaders. Maybe it will be better
15 to update their scripting to remount efivars rw and back ro when
16 needed? The same way we have non-efi bootloaders to mount /boot
17 partition when needed.
20 Best regards,
21 Andrew Savchenko