From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, Brandon Hale <tseng@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Patches and the 2.4->2.6 move
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:25:36
1 On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 04:16:08AM +0000, Luke-Jr wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Monday 20 October 2003 03:20 am, Brandon Hale wrote:
6 > > It appears that the larger part of our user base is running a 2.4 series
7 > > kernel, and will be for quite some time. Considering this, and our position
8 > > that testing kernels are not offically supported, I think we should give
9 > > priority to fixing bugs that affect the most users.
10 > I was thinking that once 2.6.0 was final, the kernel people would (hopefully)
11 > release a gentoo-sources using 2.6 in unstable... If this is not the case,
12 > would anyone mind if love-sources were to be added to the portage tree or is
13 > there any reason not to?
14
15 Yes.
16
17 The last thing we need is more kernel sources in the tree, especially
18 from amateurs.
19
20 The kernel people will get a 2.6 kernel out when it's ready to be used,
21 I'd assume.
24 Jon Portnoy
25 avenj/irc.freenode.net
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list