From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC & baselayout-2 meets Gentoo
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:49:49
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday 24 March 2008, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >> /etc/modules.autoload.d has always allowed module parameters to appear
4 >> after the module name.
5 >>
6 >> /etc/conf.d/modules has allowed a completely different syntax requiring
7 >> variables based on the module name to be set with the module parameters.
8 >>
9 >> This is where Roy and I have been stuck as far as an automatic
10 >> conversion process. The stuff you included in the openrc-9999 ebuild was
11 >> something I had sent to Roy months ago before I realized module
12 >> parameters would be an issue. Looking at a swath of various
13 >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/ files, I haven't come up with shell code that
14 >> does the right thing everytime with all the files, which is why I've
15 >> left it up to being a manual process for the user and simply documenting
16 >> it.
17 >
18 > expecting users to read and do it themselves is certainly a path to
19 > destruction for many. while i could have written it in shell, i just did it
20 > in awk. i hope you're just overstating things when you say months, because
21 > FIXED:INCVS.
22 >
23 > we're going to need to extend the syntax anyways to allow for
24 > per-version-per-module arguments. unless openrc does that now ... Roy ?
25 > -mike
26
27 Currently OpenRC does not support per-version-per-module arguments. What
28 is your proposed syntax?
31 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
32 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
33 --