From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat-1.8.2 anomalies
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:36:59
1 > Each ebuild belongs to one team. If any one outside the team fixes
2 > anything, it should go through 'incoming' in some fashion then be
3 > sanctioned by one of the team members.
4
5 I think this is the way to do it in the long run. We can't keep on
6 doing as we do now as the number of ebuilds grow and we get a broader
7 userbase which will demand working ebuilds. And it's impossible to
8 keep up with everything if your ebuilds gets updated by a lot of other
9 guys.
10
11 > Alternatively, if we're picky about credits (we should be), then
12 > Author: is the contributor who fixed it (who either came with a patch
13 > or wrote the script in the first place) and we can add an Sponsor:
14 > which is a team member who added it to CVS and puts his rep on the
15 > line claiming this script is bugfree.
16
17 This sounds like a hard way which really doesn't solve
18 anything. Becuase if you write an ebuild, I change it a little, sends
19 it in. Then AUTHOR will be set to me and whoever commited my changes
20 would be in Sponsor: and you will be left out.
21
22 Regards,
23 Mikael Hallendal
26 Mikael Hallendal                micke@×××××××××××.se
27 CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/
28 Office: +46 (0)8 587 583 05     Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918