From: Morten Liebach <morten@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat-1.8.2 anomalies
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 23:20:03
1 On 3, Aug, 2001 at 05:35:26AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > > Each ebuild belongs to one team. If any one outside the team fixes
3 > > anything, it should go through 'incoming' in some fashion then be
4 > > sanctioned by one of the team members.
5 >
6 > I think this is the way to do it in the long run. We can't keep on
7 > doing as we do now as the number of ebuilds grow and we get a broader
8 > userbase which will demand working ebuilds. And it's impossible to
9 > keep up with everything if your ebuilds gets updated by a lot of other
10 > guys.
11
12 I've run OpenBSD for the last year, and in the ports there it works like
13 this:
14
15 In the port Makefile there's a MAINTAINER value, who's the person who
16 made the port, or has taken maintainership of it, if the original
17 maintainer has lost interest.
18
19 The MAINTAINER doesn't necessarily have cvs commit access.
20
21 MAINTAINER can be set to ports@×××××××.org.
22
23 When a port is updated it's OK'ed by the maintainer or the maintainer
24 does it him-/her-self and if necessary it's committed by someone else,
25 either by some sponsor wih commit access, or by sending it to
26 ports@×××××××.org where someone picks it up and commits it.
27
28 This system works very well.
29
30 Just my .02euro
31
32 HAND
33 Morten (who needs to install Gentoo over OpenBSD this week-end :-)
36 ×·.¸¸.·´¨) ¸.·´ ¸.·´¨) O Morten Liebach <morten@×××××××.dk>
37 (_¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·× 0 http://home1.stofanet.dk/liebach/
38 (_¸.·´ o http://pc89225.stofanet.dk/
39 .