From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:21:50
1 On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 00:20, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:49:47 -0500
3 > Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I also would hesitate to auto-~arch fairly critical packages, such as X
6 > > or anything in system.
7 >
8 > For larger || more troublesome || tool-chain type packages, we've
9 > historically worked with the package maintainers in keywording new
10 > versions to help with this. In cases like this that is
11 > acceptable/agreeable. This might be a fine print item for that portion of
12 > the handbook.
13 >
14 > Personally, I would rather run into a package breaking in a revbump than
15 > have it be missing keywords and not notified that it was behind.
16
17 I'm sorry, I took it as a given that the archs would be notified in this
18 case. I guess I shouldn't have. =)
19 --
20 Donnie Berkholz
21 Gentoo Linux