From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lua eclasses: support EAPI 8
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 19:31:48
1 On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 2:55 PM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 10:34:18AM +0100, Marek Szuba wrote:
4 > > Nothing special here. RESTRICT manipulation in lua-utils still uses +=
5 > > on purpose, for consistency with how other variables are handled there
6 > > as well as in order to avoid wasting CPU cycles on an EAPI version
7 > > check for something that ultimately achieves the same.
8 >
9 > I was on vacation for a number of days so didn't have a chance to check
10 > on this.
11 >
12 > Is portage stable already supporting eapi 8? if so when did that happen?
13 > If not we can't support it in eclasses yet.
14
15 That's not true at all. You can't stabilize ebuilds with EAPI=8, but
16 there is no reason to hold off on merging eclass changes.