From: R Hill <dirtyepic@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: UPGRADE complete bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:33:30
1 Hello.
2
3 Jeffrey Forman wrote:
4 > The upgrade for bugs.gentoo.org went exactly as I had planned for.
5 > Completed in under 20 minutes, which included this email. I've upgraded
6 > our Bugzilla from the old 2.18rc2 to 2.18.1. This fixes more security
7 > and code than I can even begin to mention. I have cleaned out a lot of
8 > the code and added in some nice features.
9
10 Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering what ppl think about the
11 Advanced Query and "Step one: search for your bug." on the submittal
12 form only searching open bugs. I don't believe this was the case before
13 the upgrade, but i could just have noticed it now. Either way, having
14 these search all bugs, open and closed, would seriously lessen the
15 number of dupes IMO. especially on the submittal form, where there's no
16 way to change the behaviour and no indication that only open bugs are
17 being returned. for most users, that search is the only one they do (if
18 they do one at all). even for people that do bother to do an actual
19 query, the adv search screen is a nightmare behemoth of complexity for
20 the avg user. defaults should be geared towards these types of people
21 so they can get the most accurate information they can without needing
22 to know what all the buttons do, and hopefully stop filing dupes.
23
24 did i mention it would cut down on dupes?
25 ;)
26
27 --de.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list