From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Google Apps Standard Edition @ gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 05:29:31
Hello,

Currently a number of developers have engaged Google Apps Team Edition
for gentoo.org.  However Team Edition does not come with gmail and a
subset of Team Edition users would like to host their gentoo.org mail
on gmail.
Activating Standard Edition is free and likely requires minimal
configuration on dev.gentoo.org to setup.  Standard Edition comes with
Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Mail, Google Sites, Google Video,
and probably a bunch of other stuff we could turn on.

This service would be opt-in (only devs that want an account get one).
 Infra should continue to offer standard mail services on
smtp.gentoo.org.

All content that is what I would term 'of value' to the community
should be available anonymously; that is you should not need to sign
up for a Google Account to be able to access documents in a read-only
fashion.  Writing documents will require sign-in (similarly to how the
calendar works in a previous thread.)

This thread is primarily engaged in gauging interest in such a setup.
Please reply if you are interested (or go vote on the bug.)

[1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/312037

-A