From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect-compiler updates and unmasking
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:32:20
1 > Well, incidentally I was working on "toolchainasing" gnat (a gcc
2 > based Ada
3 > compiler, basically just another frontend) and pestered toolchain
4 > people on
5 > irc regarding similar matters. Basically it came down to:
6 > toolchain.eclass
7 > and eselect-compiler are not for stuff not in gcc, so I had to
8 > create my own
9 > ones (gnatbuild.eclass and eselect-gnat), a bit simpler versions
10 > actually :).
11 > I could not inherit toolchain.eclass either, only copy the relevant
12 > parts of
13 > it..
14 >
15 > A due notice: this was discussed already like half a year ago
16 > (although when I
17 > announced progress here on -dev no comments followed), so if the
18 > things have
19 > chaged since then I will be interested to know too..
20
21 Well, I'm not against that support being in eselect-compiler, and in
22 fact I think it'd be nice... It's just not a priority on my list, so
23 if you'd like to contribute changes which allow support for what you
24 want without needlessly complicating things for those who don't want
25 to use these advanced features, then I'm more than willing to
26 incorporate them.
27
28 --Jeremy
29 --