From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect-compiler updates and unmasking
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 08:30:26
1 Saturday, 3. June 2006 06:33, Donnie Berkholz Ви написали:
2 > Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
3 > Couple of questions:
4 >
5 > 1) Can it handle non-gcc compilers? If so, how?
6 > 2) Can it handle different languages being set to different compilers?
7 > For example, use Intel's Fortran compiler but GCC for everything else.
8 >
9 > If neither of those are possible now, I would like to look into fixing
10 > this.
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > Donnie
14
15 Well, incidentally I was working on "toolchainasing" gnat (a gcc based Ada
16 compiler, basically just another frontend) and pestered toolchain people on
17 irc regarding similar matters. Basically it came down to: toolchain.eclass
18 and eselect-compiler are not for stuff not in gcc, so I had to create my own
19 ones (gnatbuild.eclass and eselect-gnat), a bit simpler versions actually :).
20 I could not inherit toolchain.eclass either, only copy the relevant parts of
21 it..
22
23 A due notice: this was discussed already like half a year ago (although when I
24 announced progress here on -dev no comments followed), so if the things have
25 chaged since then I will be interested to know too..
26
27 George
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list