From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect-compiler updates and unmasking
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 04:41:54
1 Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
2 > I finally had a few free cycles, so I fixed up the eselect-compiler
3 > ebuild to better handle the transition from gcc-config and updated
4 > toolchain.eclass to better work with multilib. I've had a bunch of help
5 > from the amd64 devs/testers/users this past week testing it out, and I
6 > think it's ready to be removed from package.mask sometime soon (next
7 > week). Before that happens, I'd like to get some feedback from a
8 > broader test base, so if you have some time and aren't using
9 > eselect-compiler yet, I'd appreciate your testing. All you need to do
10 > is add the following to /etc/portage/package.unmask:
11
12 Couple of questions:
13
14 1) Can it handle non-gcc compilers? If so, how?
15 2) Can it handle different languages being set to different compilers?
16 For example, use Intel's Fortran compiler but GCC for everything else.
17
18 If neither of those are possible now, I would like to look into fixing this.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie