From: Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect-compiler updates and unmasking
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:34:31
1 On Jun 2, 2006, at 21:33 , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 > Couple of questions:
4 >
5 > 1) Can it handle non-gcc compilers? If so, how?
6
7 It is possible, but I'm not sure if icc is installed in a way that
8 makes it convenient. All the binaries will need to be lumped in a
9 directory by themselves (like we do with gcc). You'll have to create
10 your own profile in /etc/eselect/compiler.
11
12 > 2) Can it handle different languages being set to different compilers?
13 > For example, use Intel's Fortran compiler but GCC for everything else.
16 No, this isn't something I considered a high priority. I was more
17 interested in tackling the issues road-blocking multilib, but this is
18 something that would be a nice feature down the road.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list