From: jsmith@××××.com
To: danarmak@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] svn eclass?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:23:36
1 Quoting Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>:
2
3 > Well, what important or interesting apps use subversion or bitkeeper for
4 > which
5 > we might want live ebuilds? Hm, the linux kernel :-) Anything else? (This
6 > question is addressed to the orig poster)
7
8 Although you addressed this question to the original poster, as an avid Gentoo
9 user and willing guinea pig for several free projects, I can name four that I
10 would personally benefit from if I could follow their cvs trees via emerge:
11
12 1) Blender (both the main tree and tohopuu experimental branch)
13 2) Transcode
14 3) mythtv
15 4) freevo
16
17 As things are now I have to manually juggle the stable ebuild releases and cvs
18 (placing the latter in /usr/local and juggling PATHs and LD_LIBRARY_PATHs as
19 needed) ... having the ability to add and remove cvs versions seamlessly with
20 portage would be a wonderful boon.
21
22 regards,
23