From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] meaning of sqlite/sqlite3 use flag
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:02:48
1 On Friday 14 September 2007, Hanno Böck wrote:
2 > I noticed that the sqlite/sqlite3-useflags have no consistent meaning in
3 > the tree.
4 >
5 > E.g.
6 > - apr-util uses sqlite for sqlite-2.x support and sqlite3 for sqlite-3.x
7 > support
8 > - eix uses sqlite for sqlite-3.x support
9 > Just the first examples I found, you can find countless for both of them in
10 > the tree.
11 >
12 > We should imho decide if
13 > a) sqlite means sqlite-2.x and sqlite3 means sqlite-3.x.
14 > b) sqlite means enable sqlite-support always and sqlite+sqlite3 means if
15 > both are available use sqlite-3.x instead of 2.x.
16 >
17 > I don't care which one (or a completely different one), but I think it
18 > should be made clear. At least I think the current behaviour in the tree
19 > doesn't really make sense.
20
21 how about 'sqlite' means you want sqlite irregardless of version ... then
22 sqlite-2 either gets punted from apr-util or it gets a local USE
23 flag 'sqlite-old' for older cruft
24 -mike