From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 and src_configure in eclasses
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 15:42:08
1 On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:38:11 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > > By the way, do we really want to special case eapi-2 in every
4 > > eclass ? That's lot of code duplication and will get even worse
5 > > when we'll reach eapi-42. That would have been cool to have a pm
6 > > function that tells "has my eapi foo support" but that sort of
7 > > bites its tail that way.
8 >
9 > Hm, what about:
10 > [ "$(type -t src_configure)" == function ] && EXPORT_FUNCTIONS
11 > src_configure
12 >
13 > Or is this too fragile or trying to be too clever?
14
15 It's illegal, according to PMS. It also won't work with Paludis, since
16 phase function definitions aren't made available until just before that
17 phase executes (there is a reason for this -- it provides us with a way
18 of identifying whether a package has a particular phase or not).
21 Ciaran McCreesh