From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] what happened to /etc/init.d/hal{d,daemon,whatever} script ?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:19:22
1 Maybe I should have filed this as a bug, but don't have a clue to which
2 package should I assign it, if any.
3
4 I was forced to switch baselayout from stable 1.12.11* to 2.0.0, which
5 triggered openrc install etc. I did all that etc , then after some time
6 I noticed that system doesn't respond to PnP events.
7
8 So I started looking around and have noticed that I have no
9 /etc/init.d/hald and that hal daemon never gets called during boot.
10
11 Then I tried to find alternate hald starting mechanism, but couldn't
12 find any. I did "emerge -pv system | grep hal" and noticed that hal
13 damon is not part of the system, but it is part of the world and it gets
14 reemerged if I unmerge it, since 15-something packages depend on it
15 throuh "hal" use flag.
18 I took a peek at old and new baselayout and all openrc packages in tree
19 I emerged ( 0.3 and 0.4.0). Their tar.bz2 files have nothing even
20 remotely like /etc/init.d/hald
21
22 Is this a bug or some kind of omission from my part ?
23
24 Regards,
27 Branko