From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making binary packages
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:50:50
1 On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:38:31PM +0000, Joe Bormolini wrote:
2 > Is it possible to make a package from the information in /var/db/pkg ? I
3 > don't want to have to recompile the whole thing just to make a package of
4 > what I already have available =) Just a thought... I hope this is (or
5 > becomes) a planned feature.
6 >
7 > --lordjoe
8
9 Well, even if we hacked our md5 digests to work in /var/db/pkg, it would only
10 work for packages that don't reference anything in ${FILESDIR}. Quite a few
11 use auxilliary files and patches, and these things aren't available in
12 /var/db/pkg. So it wouldn't really work.
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
17 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.