From: Joe Bormolini <lordjoe@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making binary packages
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:04:17
1 On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > Well, even if we hacked our md5 digests to work in /var/db/pkg, it would
3 > only
4 > work for packages that don't reference anything in ${FILESDIR}. Quite a
5 > few
6 > use auxilliary files and patches, and these things aren't available in
7 > /var/db/pkg. So it wouldn't really work.
8 >
9 > --
10 > Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
11 > President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
12 > Gentoo Technologies, Inc.
15 > gentoo-dev mailing list
16 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
19 Why would it matter if they had patches? Do they make it into binary
20 packages? I am not familiar with gentoo binary packages, I just assumed
21 they just had the bins and the package info that would go into
22 /var/db/pkg...
23
24 <whine> i don't wanna rebuild X just to make a package out of it </whine>
25 =)
26
27 --lordjoe