From: Leon Chiver <leon@××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage question
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:50:27
1 I've installed gentoo and I must say that I'm very pleased whith it.
2 Marvelous job.
3 But there's still one feature I'm missing and which regards the update
4 procedure: wouldn't it be nice if we could upgrade from one version of a
5 package to another by only downloading the diff? A few days before I've
6 installed mozilla-1.0, today I emerged 1.0.1. But I had to download the
7 entire 1.0.1 archive, instead of only a diff file. For people with a
8 limited internet access this would be a really great feature.
9 Does anyone know, is such an improvement planned?
10
11 Anyway, marvelous job, a great 10x.
12 Leon