From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××.org>
To: Leon Chiver <leon@××××××.ro>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage question
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 02:20:53
1 On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 23:09:14 +0000
2 Leon Chiver <leon@××××××.ro> wrote:
3
4 > I've installed gentoo and I must say that I'm very pleased whith it.
5 > Marvelous job.
6 > But there's still one feature I'm missing and which regards the update
7 > procedure: wouldn't it be nice if we could upgrade from one version of a
8 > package to another by only downloading the diff? A few days before I've
9 > installed mozilla-1.0, today I emerged 1.0.1. But I had to download the
10 > entire 1.0.1 archive, instead of only a diff file. For people with a
11 > limited internet access this would be a really great feature.
12 > Does anyone know, is such an improvement planned?
13
14 I had a look on the bugzilla page and did a few searches .. didn't se anything that pertains to this, but I have to admit ..
15 In the image of gentoo this should have been in portage already.
16
17 being able to update packages just with patches would be really nice for us low bandwidth users ..
18
19 Henti Smith