From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-dev] package testing
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:54:37
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:18:12 +0100
3 Markus Nigbur <pYrania@g.o> wrote:
6 > > So it would be helpful and sufficient if I use the unstable ~x86
7 > > tree and report any bug and strange behavior?
10 > I wouldn't say ~arch ist unstable, more like testing.
11
12 It -should- be testing, testing of builds. Unstable software (that
13 noone would think to call "stable" x86/alpha/mips/whatnot shouldn't
14 appear in ~arch either.
15
16 If there are developers out there who think that "its only ~arch, lets
17 put it in and never mask it stable" they should have a long long talk
18 with me, and a few others. Including policy documentation and sane
19 practices.
22 *Coughs*
23
24 //Spider
28 begin .signature
29 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
31 end