From: Markus Nigbur <pYrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package testing
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:56:10
1 On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:54:33 +0100
2 Spider <spider@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > begin quote
5 > On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:18:12 +0100
6 > Markus Nigbur <pYrania@g.o> wrote:
9 > > > So it would be helpful and sufficient if I use the unstable ~x86
10 > > > tree and report any bug and strange behavior?
13 > > I wouldn't say ~arch ist unstable, more like testing.
14 >
15 > It -should- be testing, testing of builds. Unstable software (that
16 > noone would think to call "stable" x86/alpha/mips/whatnot shouldn't
17 > appear in ~arch either.
18 >
19 > If there are developers out there who think that "its only ~arch, lets
20 > put it in and never mask it stable" they should have a long long talk
21 > with me, and a few others. Including policy documentation and sane
22 > practices.
23
24 I fully agree there.
25