From: "J. Hunter" <James@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installation question...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:04:00
1 Hi there.
2 I have what I think is a fairly simple question.
3 I have been through the install process (following your install docs)
4 with the stage 1 ix86 ISO. No problems.
5 I'm wondering now, though, how I go about installing from one of the
6 other versions. To be more specific, I'm curious what I need to do to
7 install gentoo from "stage3-i586_pentium.mmx-1.4_rc1.tar.bz2". Stage 1
8 is nice, but it takes far too long on a pentium 200 machine, which is
9 why I'm looking for a stage 3 install... but without there being an ISO
10 setup the way the stage 1 is, I don't know how to go about installing
11 it. Are there docs somewhere else that tell me this? Please let me know,
12 cause I love your product. I'm just not Linux-savvy enough, I guess, to
13 figure this one out. :)
14
15 thanks,
16 james