From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installation question...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:22:36
1 the install docs explain how to do this ...
2 basically just cd into the base directory and extract
3 the tar.bz2 and then chroot
4 -mike
5
6 ----- Original Message -----
7 From: "J. Hunter" <James@××××××××.net>
8 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
9 Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 16:04
10 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installation question...
13 > Hi there.
14 > I have what I think is a fairly simple question.
15 > I have been through the install process (following your install docs)
16 > with the stage 1 ix86 ISO. No problems.
17 > I'm wondering now, though, how I go about installing from one of the
18 > other versions. To be more specific, I'm curious what I need to do to
19 > install gentoo from "stage3-i586_pentium.mmx-1.4_rc1.tar.bz2". Stage 1
20 > is nice, but it takes far too long on a pentium 200 machine, which is
21 > why I'm looking for a stage 3 install... but without there being an ISO
22 > setup the way the stage 1 is, I don't know how to go about installing
23 > it. Are there docs somewhere else that tell me this? Please let me know,
24 > cause I love your product. I'm just not Linux-savvy enough, I guess, to
25 > figure this one out. :)
26 >
27 > thanks,
28 > james