From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:12:40
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Dale posted on Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:43:43 -0500 as excerpted:
5 >> It always seemed to me that people want to send threads to -project for
6 >> them to just go away. Once a thread goes to -project, it just whithers
7 >> on the vine and nothing much happens. There may be a need for -project
8 >> but if almost no one is going to be there, there is no point sending
9 >> threads to it. Maybe developers should be required to subscribe to
10 >> -project so that even if a thread is sent there, they still get to see
11 >> the postings and deal with the issues that are being raised.
12 >>
13 > I think that was the point. Having the list and telling people the topic
14 > belongs there is the polite way of telling them their output's better
15 > directed to /dev/null (which is of course the the geeky *ix way of saying
16 > "shutup already!"), without actually restricting someone's right to make
17 > their point... just that they might as well be posting to their private
18 > diary for the number of others that'll actually read it.
22 Yep, I'm waiting to hear that this needs to be moved to -project any
23 time now.
24
25 Dale
26