From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The new Portage Job System
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:11:36
1 On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 12:05:01PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > In accordance with drobbins' wishes, the discussion of the new Portage job
5 > system moves to gentoo-dev. This is a quick summary of the discussion on
6 > #gentoo yesterday.
7
8 IMHO, this is overkill. We just need a way of executing certain jobs once;
9 specifically, jobs that update the /var/db/pkg structure so that moved packages
10 aren't remerged. I don't want to create something huge to do this.
13 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
14 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
15 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.