From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 17:44:38
1 On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 09:51:23 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017, 00:40:11 CET schrieb William L.
5 > Thomson Jr.: [...]
6 > [...]
7 > [...]
8 >
9 > Well, it's like listening to a broken record, which keeps repeating
10 > the same snippet. At some point you stop listening, and at some point
11 > you realize you should maybe remove it from the player.
14 Maybe you should go take more of my Firebird changes and put them in
15 tree. Since you took over that package I mtainained and then merged in
16 my changes from Linux UnderGround overlay that came from mine...
17
18 Who do you think made the Firebird 3.x ebuild? I DID!!!!
19 https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/commits/master/dev-db/firebird
20
21 See linux underground reporting issues with mine before adding it to
22 their repository
23 https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+firebird
24
25 See the date after they got it from mine :)
26 https://github.com/linuxunderground/gentoo.overlay/blob/master/dev-db/firebird/firebird-3.0.2.32703.0.ebuild
27
28 Then Andreas adding it to tree... HILARIOUS!!!!
29 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/e246873f43db77850c172263be72bc5153b23adb#diff-7dc5e9ed8a228dd8f564e17d66c5559e
30
31 Also seems it took a few tries why? Not familiar with package?
32 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commits/master/dev-db/firebird
33
34 Same package, mgorny 51 comment QA leading to more issues because he
35 does not use, have a clue about it, or bothered to actually test... Due
36 to his approach and stance I assumed his changes were correct. HUGE
37 mistake on my behalf. Why in part mgorny does not like me
38
39 All for a 1 line change to fix syslog-ng log file...
40 https://bugs.gentoo.org/547442
41
42 mgorny going crazy on QA for a 1 line change Ridiculous!
43 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/101
44
45 Introducing new bugs that did not exist. GO QA!!!!
46 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/e246873f43db77850c172263be72bc5153b23adb#diff-7dc5e9ed8a228dd8f564e17d66c5559e
47
48 And work since on things mgorny missed...
49 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commits/master/dev-db/firebird
50
51 This generation is NO replacement for the previous.... They seem
52 completely incapable of doing some things...
53
54 There is more QA issues but that is just Firebird.
55
56 Why is this PR still open? Or Java 9 PRs? Anyone working on that? Or
57 just people like you complaining about those actually doing the work
58 your not... or maybe cannot...
59 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1358
60 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721
61 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/6033