From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 02:48:26
1 On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 09:51:23 +0100
4 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2017, 00:40:11 CET schrieb William L.
7 >> Thomson Jr.: [...]
8 >> [...]
9 >> [...]
10 >>
11 >> Well, it's like listening to a broken record, which keeps repeating
12 >> the same snippet. At some point you stop listening, and at some point
13 >> you realize you should maybe remove it from the player.
17 wltjr, I really do not think you are helping your case. If I were in
18 your position I think I would not back down either, but at some point
19 it is best to let history acknowledge that you are right. I started
20 reading your messages because I noticed Gentoo developers being
21 inconsistent, but not everyone will keep an open enough mind to do
22 that.
23
24 > Maybe you should go take more of my Firebird changes and put them in
25 > tree. Since you took over that package I mtainained and then merged in
26 > my changes from Linux UnderGround overlay that came from mine...
27 >
28 > Who do you think made the Firebird 3.x ebuild? I DID!!!!
29 > https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/commits/master/dev-db/firebird
30 >
31 > See linux underground reporting issues with mine before adding it to
32 > their repository
33 > https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed+firebird
34 >
35 > See the date after they got it from mine :)
36 > https://github.com/linuxunderground/gentoo.overlay/blob/master/dev-db/firebird/firebird-3.0.2.32703.0.ebuild
37 >
38 > Then Andreas adding it to tree... HILARIOUS!!!!
39 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commit/e246873f43db77850c172263be72bc5153b23adb#diff-7dc5e9ed8a228dd8f564e17d66c5559e
40 >
41 > Also seems it took a few tries why? Not familiar with package?
42 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/commits/master/dev-db/firebird
43 >
44 > Same package, mgorny 51 comment QA leading to more issues because he
45 > does not use, have a clue about it, or bothered to actually test... Due
46 > to his approach and stance I assumed his changes were correct. HUGE
47 > mistake on my behalf. Why in part mgorny does not like me
50 Though this thread might not be the best place, the character of
51 Gentoo developers seems to be relevant to the topic at hand. I agree
52 that there appear to be developers who have editorial control of
53 packages they do not understand. It also seems like they have ample
54 opportunity to confer with people who do understand the packages but
55 choose not to do so.
56
57 Respectfully,
58 R0b0t1