From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reinstating old-school GLEPs masterplan
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:58:01
1 On 09/11/2017 07:29 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > I generally agree with you that wiki markup is terrible and that a text
3 > editor and a git repo is The Right Way to do things (with Jekyll or
4 > whatever to push it to the web). But in my experience, crappy and easy
5 > is a better way to get people to contribute.
6
7 I generally agree with this as well, but I don't like that we're
8 shifting back and forth as much as we do, which is a further hindrance.
9 At some point we just need to decide on something and go with it,
10 whether that is Wiki, RST or LaTeX..
11
12 The accessibility issues of wiki review and editing is a reasonable
13 argument, but we probably don't want to rush a change again.
14
15 Maybe we should start by defining a set of criteria / RFP for how we
16 would like the GLEP process to be and the format required?
19 Kristian Fiskerstrand
20 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
21 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3