From: "Luis F. Araujo" <araujo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] opinion on how to improve the website redesign
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:44:45
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 >It's interesting to compare http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/ with
4 >http://www.aaronshi.com/gentoo/mainindex.html. One of the things that I
5 >always liked about the original design was the fact that the front page
6 >held a considerable amount of information without needing much vertical
7 >scrolling. On the other hand, I like the fact that the current
8 >iteration says something about what Gentoo actually is, which just seems
9 >like a good idea on the front page. (Although I'd prefer to modify the
10 >text a bit so that it starts with "Gentoo is" and is limited to just one
11 >or two sentences.)
15 I agree. Why we don't use that original design? , i think removing all that
16 vertical scrolling for the front page is a good thing, and the search
17 box looks
18 handy too.
19
20 >In fact, I've been thinking that it might be nice to remove the news
21 >from the front page altogether (we could always have a news.gentoo.org for
22 >people who mainly use the site for news), which would leave plenty of
23 >space for the "Documentation", "Resources", and "Community" panels with
24 >limited scrolling.
28 I also like this suggestion. We probably could make better usage of the
29 front page
30 other than posting a bunch of GWN.
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list