From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] additional files in portage tree
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:12:20
1 On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:05:25PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
2
3 > I just think it'd be nice to have a file that we can less to find out what
4 > a package is, sometimes the name isn't enough as I can't possibly keep
5 > straight everything and the DESCRIPTION in the ebuild isn't great since
6 > noone wants to clutter everything up.
7
8 This could be helpful. It also looks like a good candidate for XML, which
9 would also make it easy to get this information on the Web site. Let's see
10 what other people think about the idea.
11
12 Best Regards,
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org