From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:25:37
1 On 07/27/2017 04:11 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >> Right, so github automatically closes pull requests when encountering
3 >> Closes, that doesn't indicate that Closes can't be used for other
4 >> platforms to do similar things, or closing things manually if provided
5 >> through other channels. The current wording indicates it is only for
6 >> Github use "to automatically close a GitHub pull request,"
7 > ...which is the only purpose it's being used for right now, and I
8 > seriously doubt there will be any other use in the near future.
9
10 That doesn't mean we shouldn't prepare for it in our specification, why
11 shouldn't I be able to use it for closing a pull request provided
12 through bitbucket or a git request-pull from my private gitolite? There
13 is absolutely no reason to mention github in the GLEP versus making it a
14 generic tag for closing a pull request.
17 Kristian Fiskerstrand
18 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
19 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3