From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:11:57
1 On czw, 2017-07-27 at 16:08 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 07/27/2017 03:58 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > > > > > ** <kbd>Closes: <nowiki>https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/NNNN</nowi
4 > > > > > > ki></kbd>; — to automatically close a GitHub pull request,
5 > > > > >
6 > > > > > Is this a generic tag for any pull request of any platform?
7 > > > >
8 > > > > No. As I've told multiple times already, there are *no* generic tags. It
9 > > > > just happens to be used by some random platforms. Some others use e.g.
10 > > > > 'Fixes' which you forbade.
11 > > > >
12 > > >
13 > > > Isn't that the point of having a GLEP to begin with? Trying to
14 > > > standardize the use of e.g the tags so that it has a consistent meaning
15 > > > and can be useful?
16 > > >
17 > >
18 > > Tags are mentioned merely for convenience, and as examples. If you want
19 > > to request GitHub support to add support for special Gentoo tags you've
20 > > just invented, be my guest. But don't bother forwarding their reply to
21 > > me because I know their answer.
22 >
23 > Right, so github automatically closes pull requests when encountering
24 > Closes, that doesn't indicate that Closes can't be used for other
25 > platforms to do similar things, or closing things manually if provided
26 > through other channels. The current wording indicates it is only for
27 > Github use "to automatically close a GitHub pull request,"
28
29 ...which is the only purpose it's being used for right now, and I
30 seriously doubt there will be any other use in the near future.
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny