From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:08:48
1 On 07/27/2017 03:58 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>>>> ** <kbd>Closes: <nowiki>https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/NNNN</nowi
3 >>>>> ki></kbd>; — to automatically close a GitHub pull request,
4 >>>> Is this a generic tag for any pull request of any platform?
5 >>> No. As I've told multiple times already, there are *no* generic tags. It
6 >>> just happens to be used by some random platforms. Some others use e.g.
7 >>> 'Fixes' which you forbade.
8 >>>
9 >> Isn't that the point of having a GLEP to begin with? Trying to
10 >> standardize the use of e.g the tags so that it has a consistent meaning
11 >> and can be useful?
12 >>
13 > Tags are mentioned merely for convenience, and as examples. If you want
14 > to request GitHub support to add support for special Gentoo tags you've
15 > just invented, be my guest. But don't bother forwarding their reply to
16 > me because I know their answer.
17
18 Right, so github automatically closes pull requests when encountering
19 Closes, that doesn't indicate that Closes can't be used for other
20 platforms to do similar things, or closing things manually if provided
21 through other channels. The current wording indicates it is only for
22 Github use "to automatically close a GitHub pull request,"
25 Kristian Fiskerstrand
26 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
27 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3