From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: split up media-sound/ category
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:23:49
1 On 26 June 2011 23:40, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think we should avoid changing the fundamental design of portage,
4 > such as removing categories or allowing tags to be used as
5 > dependencies/etc.  At least, not right now.  If we set up namespaces
6 > for tags that might allow for such a thing in the future.
7
8 At this time I vehemently oppose the idea of using tags for dependencies.
9
10 If there was even a good reason to do this, I would probably want to
11 see the system working really well first.
12
13 > The main driver behind tags seems to be searchability, and I think
14 > that is something we could easily improve.
15
16 +1
17
18 > I don't think we should
19 > hold that up over an initiative to completely re-architect Gentoo...
20
21 +1
24 Kent
25