From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal: ban mirror://gentoo/ from ebuilds
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:03:31
1 On 18 August 2011 11:53, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
2 > Il giorno gio, 18/08/2011 alle 05.46 -0400, Anthony G. Basile ha
3 > scritto:
4 >>
5 >> What alternative are you proposing to mirror://gentoo/ if upstream
6 >> doesn't provide a tarball, eg with large patchsets the maintainer
7 >> constructs?  Anticipating your answer might be "keep them in your dev
8 >> space", then what would be the deprecation policy for distfiles that
9 >> are
10 >> no longer used by ebuilds?  If foresee a tension between keeping all
11 >> the
12 >> distfiles vs disk space, although Patrick's point of cheap hardware is
13 >> well taken.
14 >
15 > Keep it in your dev space. As I said, the resources argument is only
16 > available for infra to complain about, and since last I knew from them
17 > was that it was not a problem right now...
18
19 And what if the dev retires/is kicked out?
22 Best Regards
23 Piotr Jaroszyński