From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal: ban mirror://gentoo/ from ebuilds
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:54:03
1 Il giorno gio, 18/08/2011 alle 05.46 -0400, Anthony G. Basile ha
2 scritto:
3 >
4 > What alternative are you proposing to mirror://gentoo/ if upstream
5 > doesn't provide a tarball, eg with large patchsets the maintainer
6 > constructs? Anticipating your answer might be "keep them in your dev
7 > space", then what would be the deprecation policy for distfiles that
8 > are
9 > no longer used by ebuilds? If foresee a tension between keeping all
10 > the
11 > distfiles vs disk space, although Patrick's point of cheap hardware is
12 > well taken.
13
14 Keep it in your dev space. As I said, the resources argument is only
15 available for infra to complain about, and since last I knew from them
16 was that it was not a problem right now...
19 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
20 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/