From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:43:27
1 Le 24/03/2011 22:59, Mike Frysinger a écrit :
2 > is there any reason we should allow people to commit unsigned
3 > Manifest's anymore ? generating/posting/enabling a gpg key is
4 > ridiculously easy and there's really no excuse for a dev to not have
5 > done this already.
6
7 I, for one, have never signed my Manifests because I've always found
8 GnuPG to be a major PITA.
9
10 With that being said, I do understand the rationale of signing them and
11 I'll adapt.
12
13 However, is there a howto or something explaining how to work
14 _efficiently_ with GPG? How do I avoid having to type my pass-phrase for
15 every commit?
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 Rémi
20
21 PS, wasn't manifest-signing supposed to become moot once we moved to git?