From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] New policy: 'files' directory must not be larger than 32 KiB
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 21:00:26
1 On 2017-12-17 14:21, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Total size of 'files' subdirectory of a package should not be larger
3 > than 32 KiB. If the package needs more auxiliary files, they should
4 > be put into SRC_URI e.g. via tarballs.
5
6 I don’t have any strong opinions about this either way.
7
8 However, what alternative do we have to throwing the patches up in a
9 devspace?
10
11 Having previously done so with dev-db/postgresql, it was annoying having
12 to fix the SRC_URI because I wasn’t the one who did a slot bump.