From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:21:43
1 On Mon, 16 May 2016 10:05:33 +0100 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 16 May 2016 15:56:01 +0800
3 > Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o> wrote:
4 > > As long as this persists and is not intervened to polish and tidy up,
5 > > g-devs will persist in making innocent, naive or incompetent blunders
6 > > and run the gauntlet of being publicly scolded over errata. I can only
7 > > express my view that this style of personal demeaning potentially
8 > > results in embarrassment, public humiliation and drives community
9 > > members away from participation. The ultimate negative influence. I
10 > > would never entertain taking on eclass writing with the incumbent qa
11 > > member delivering assessments under the title of 'code review' in the
12 > > style he does.
13 >
14 > If you're writing the kind of code that results in you being subjected
15 > to scathing criticism for breaking metadata generation for the entire
16 > tree, then discouraging you from contributing can only be good for the
17 > distribution...
18
19 Everyone can and will make mistakes, this is normal. Only those who
20 do nothing make no mistakes. I see no reason why developer should
21 be discouraged from contributing for a single blunder. Of course,
22 if blunder rate is too high, comrel should take an action; but this
23 is not the case here.
27 Best regards,
28 Andrew Savchenko