From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 09:05:55
1 On Mon, 16 May 2016 15:56:01 +0800
2 Ian Delaney <idella4@g.o> wrote:
3 > As long as this persists and is not intervened to polish and tidy up,
4 > g-devs will persist in making innocent, naive or incompetent blunders
5 > and run the gauntlet of being publicly scolded over errata. I can only
6 > express my view that this style of personal demeaning potentially
7 > results in embarrassment, public humiliation and drives community
8 > members away from participation. The ultimate negative influence. I
9 > would never entertain taking on eclass writing with the incumbent qa
10 > member delivering assessments under the title of 'code review' in the
11 > style he does.
12
13 If you're writing the kind of code that results in you being subjected
14 to scathing criticism for breaking metadata generation for the entire
15 tree, then discouraging you from contributing can only be good for the
16 distribution...
19 Ciaran McCreesh