From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:17:42
1 > i just wish they would use a more grown-up name for it:
2 > there does not appear to be a package named 'bf',
3 > so could that perhaps be used as the name in Gentoo ?
4 > after all, the whole idea is to be as short & sweet as possible (smile).
7 What defines something as "grown-up" anyway? Besides, who are you to
8 question somebody else's values? If the author wants to call it that,
9 he/she has every right in the world. To shorten it to "bf" would really
10 be censorship, which I would really prefer gentoo not resort to.
11
12 Not only that, but let's say Joe user is looking for brainfuck packages
13 in portage. Do we really want to cause our users the pain of searching
14 through portage just so they can find out we censored brainfuck related
15 items to bf? That would be silly.
16
17 Steve
18 --