From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:08:14
1 On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:17:08AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > If you make the flag global, can you make sure that all of the packages
3 > that use this flag exhibit the same behavior when using it. If they all
4 > do their own thing, then I would suggest leaving it local.
5 >
6 > Global USE flags are not so much a case of x number of packages use it,
7 > but x number of package use it to mean the same thing.
8
9 I didn't realise that the flag was being used in more than one way --
10 how else is it being used?
11
12 Tom
15 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
16 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
17 Gentoo Linux