From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:27:21
1 On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 18:04 +0100, Tom Martin wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:17:08AM -0400, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > If you make the flag global, can you make sure that all of the packages
4 > > that use this flag exhibit the same behavior when using it. If they all
5 > > do their own thing, then I would suggest leaving it local.
6 > >
7 > > Global USE flags are not so much a case of x number of packages use it,
8 > > but x number of package use it to mean the same thing.
9 >
10 > I didn't realise that the flag was being used in more than one way --
11 > how else is it being used?
12
13 I never said that it was... I just said to make sure to check... ;]
14
15 Of course, I agree with everyone else that this shouldn't be a USE flag,
16 at all. My personal opinion is that we install the logrotate.d files no
17 matter what, and users can INSTALL_MASK it if they don't want it. After
18 all, is the file installed by default upstream? If so, then why are we
19 hiding it behind a USE flag in the first place?
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux