From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:22:54
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote: [Wed Aug 20 2003, 08:39:23AM EDT]
2 > Why do we have vim versus a smaller vim clone?
3
4 Because vim is significantly better than any other vi clone currently
5 available, and users ask for it whenever it's not available.
6
7 I've just added a local USE to vim. If you USE=minimal then you'll get
8 a 430K binary instead of a 2M binary.
9
10 If you really don't want vim, then please use simple vi instead of one
11 of clones. It's a 168K binary, which should be sufficiently small
12 considering the important role of an editor when installing/rescuing.
13
14 Aron
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list