From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE needs your help
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:39:59
1 Volunteers, please join #gentoo-kde at irc.freenode.net! We'll be expecting you.
2
3 On 3/15/07, Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o> wrote:
4 > The KDE team is still grossly understaffed. Most of the long term developers on the
5 > team are either gone or inactive, and the ones still working on it really need help.
6 > Bugs are piling up, patches are waiting, and package versions need bumped. I
7 > simply don't have the time to keep up with it anymore. I've been doing this for
8 > over 4 years now, and my interests have shifted to other things.
9 >
10 > If you are already a developer and can help the team, please feel free to join. If
11 > you are a user who wants to help, becoming active in the forums and with open bugs
12 > reports is a good way to get yourself noticed. It would be nice to get some more
13 > people brought on as developers who can help keep the KDE team active and alive as
14 > the 4.0 release draws closer. I would hate to see Gentoo dropping KDE all together
15 > because nobody has the time to maintain it.
16 >
17 > Thank you.
18 >
19 > ps - please don't e-mail me and ask me how you can become a developer. There are
20 > official channels for this, and if you aren't aware of them, you aren't yet ready to
21 > go down that road :)
22 >
23 > --
24 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
30 Ioannis Aslanidis
31
32 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list