From: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Alexander Tsoy <alexander@××××.me>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-kernel/dracut looking for more maintainers
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 00:42:56
1 On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 14:18:53 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Amadeusz Żołnowski <aidecoe@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I'm resending e-mail from my gentoo.org address, instead of the private
8 > > one... so just ignore the previuos thread with this subject.
9 > >
10 > > I have not much time [0] to maintain Dracut properly. Moreover I don't
11 > > use its extra features anymore, so it's hard for me to keep up with
12 > > changes. From some time Alexander Tsoy follows changes and solves
13 > > issues, but I think that Dracut needs also a maintainer with rw access
14 > > who could quickly solve critical issues and test it appropriately. It
15 > > is especially important to have somebody who would care about Dracut
16 > > health on OpenRC-based systems.
17
18 I can pitch in, we use dracut at my employer. I actually have a local
19 patchset fixing some issues/redhat-isms that I have been meaning to
20 release at some point.
21
22 > I'm willing to help debug things and commit fixes, although I
23 > primarily use systemd so it is harder for me to test most of the
24 > modules.
25 >
26 > I can certainly review patches and proxy commits. If you think it
27 > would be helpful, let me know.
28 >