From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RDEPEND gentoo-sources or any linux sources don't work
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 16:09:52
1 On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > > I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.
6 > > The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this
7 > > ebuild,
8 > > all the "dependencies" are installed.
9 > > When I add
10 > > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
11 > > or
12 > > =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28
13 > > Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.
14 > > Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a
15 > dependency?
16 >
17 > My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies
18 > inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.
19 >
20 > If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at
21 > bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command
22 > that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.
23 > --
24 > Thanks,
25 > Zac
26 >
27 > It seems like problem like you stated.
28 It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
29 I still haven't traced why this happening.
30
31 Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?
32
33 Regards,
34 Kfir