From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RDEPEND gentoo-sources or any linux sources don't work
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:13:47
1 On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.
4 > The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this
5 > ebuild,
6 > all the "dependencies" are installed.
7 > When I add
8 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
9 > or
10 > =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28
11 > Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.
12 > Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?
13
14 My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies
15 inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.
16
17 If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at
18 bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command
19 that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.
20 --
21 Thanks,
22 Zac